Stefan Kraft from Austria won in the individual competition of FIS Ski Jumping World Cup held at Wielka Krokiew Hill in Zakopane. Second place belonged to Robert Johansson whose shape is getting better. On the third step of the podium stood Yukiya Sato from Japan for whom it was the best place in his career. Dawid Kubacki, who was 12th, was the best of Polish ski jumpers.
Dawid Kubacki proved that his shape is getting better and better. He dominated World Cup competitions in Val di Fiemme, Italy. On Saturday, only wonderful Ryoyu Kobayashi won with him, but on Sunday Kubacki was unbeatable. It was his first World Cup win. Kamil Stoch was third, whereas Piotr Żyła – 10th.
After the amazing performance of the Polish team in the team competition everybody was waiting for the same good results to be made in the individual event. But at Sunday the most important role was played by the wind. Thousands of supporters at the facility and much more in front of their TV screens couldn’t rejoice of the Polish podium. Weather conditions were unstable which affected the most Kamil Stoch who ended the competition after the first round.
Dear Photographers, we are witnessing the amazing competitions of FIS World Cup in Zakopane. The event at Wielka Krokiew gives you the opportunity to take many spectacular photos and the work during the World Cup could be a nice possibility to compete with other professional photographers. That’s why we invite you to take part in our photographic competition for the best ski jumping picture organised by Think Tank.
Team competition in Zakopane amazed for sure even the most exacting ski jumping supporters in the world. Polish athletes – Maciej Kot, Stefan Hula, Dawid Kubacki and Kamil Stoch – was unbeatable and won the event in an amazing style. For Stefan Horngacher’s team it was an extraordinary evening, because they won the competition in Zakopane for the first time in history. What’s more today’s team competition was the first organized after the rebuilding of Wielka Krokiew. Kamil Stoch established a new hill record. With a jump of 141.5 meters long he beaten Simon Ammann’s record from 2010.
- 21-01-2019 KRAFT THE BEST IN ZAKOPANE. POLISH SKI JUMPERS LET EVERYBODY DOWN
- 19-01-2019 German team ahead of the Austrian ski jumpers. Polish athletes on the third step of the podium
- 18-01-2019 NORWEGIANS SKI JUMPERS THE BEST IN THE QUALIFICATION
- 14-01-2019 Val di Fiemme “belonged” to Polish ski jumpers. Now, time for Zakopane!
- 29-01-2018 Foreign ski jumpers comment the individual competition
- 29-01-2018 Anze Semenic: It was a tough competition
- 28-01-2018 Surprising win in the individual competition in Zakopane
- 28-01-2018 Competition for photographers accreditated for FIS World Cup Zakopane 2018
- 27-01-2018 Polish ski jumpers comment the team event
- 27-01-2018 Polish team unbeatable in Zakopane
Skocznia narciarska Malinka - Live
Thanks to the live webcam, you can check out what is happening on the ski jump now.
Click here to launch live stream