After the amazing performance of the Polish team in the team competition everybody was waiting for the same good results to be made in the individual event. But at Sunday the most important role was played by the wind. Thousands of supporters at the facility and much more in front of their TV screens couldn’t rejoice of the Polish podium. Weather conditions were unstable which affected the most Kamil Stoch who ended the competition after the first round.
Dear Photographers, we are witnessing the amazing competitions of FIS World Cup in Zakopane. The event at Wielka Krokiew gives you the opportunity to take many spectacular photos and the work during the World Cup could be a nice possibility to compete with other professional photographers. That’s why we invite you to take part in our photographic competition for the best ski jumping picture organised by Think Tank.
Team competition in Zakopane amazed for sure even the most exacting ski jumping supporters in the world. Polish athletes – Maciej Kot, Stefan Hula, Dawid Kubacki and Kamil Stoch – was unbeatable and won the event in an amazing style. For Stefan Horngacher’s team it was an extraordinary evening, because they won the competition in Zakopane for the first time in history. What’s more today’s team competition was the first organized after the rebuilding of Wielka Krokiew. Kamil Stoch established a new hill record. With a jump of 141.5 meters long he beaten Simon Ammann’s record from 2010.
Qualification for Sunday’s FIS World Cup Zakopane individual event has just finished. 10 Polish athletes participated in the event and all of them will jump at Sunday. 57 ski jumpers from 12 countries competed for the rights to jump in the individual competition. Kamil Stoch, the leader of Polish team, won the qualification with a jump of 137 meters long.
All the preparations before the FIS Ski Jumping World Cup are on the final straight. One day before the qualification for Sunday’s individual competition we can assume that Wielka Krokiew is ready to host all the best athletes from the world. Supporters not only from the whole Poland, but also from all over the world, came to Zakopane, so that the organizers predict an amazing atmosphere during the weekend.
- 29-01-2018 Foreign ski jumpers comment the individual competition
- 29-01-2018 Anze Semenic: It was a tough competition
- 28-01-2018 Surprising win in the individual competition in Zakopane
- 28-01-2018 Competition for photographers accreditated for FIS World Cup Zakopane 2018
- 27-01-2018 Polish ski jumpers comment the team event
- 27-01-2018 Polish team unbeatable in Zakopane
- 26-01-2018 All Polish athletes to participate in the individual competition
- 26-01-2018 Kamil Stoch: aim is to jump as far as possible
- 25-01-2018 Wielka Krokiew ready for FIS World Cup
- 24-01-2018 Media meeting with Polish ski jumpers - CHANGE OF PLACE
Skocznia narciarska Malinka - Live
Thanks to the live webcam, you can check out what is happening on the ski jump now.
Click here to launch live stream